Friday, February 26, 2010

Vancouver 2010 The Final Week

Hi, my name is Brittney Moore and I am an intern with the International Games Division of the US Olympic Committee. For my internship, I have been fortunate enough to travel to and work in Vancouver, BC during the 2010 Winter Olympic Games. The past 4 1/2 weeks have been incredible up here in Vancouver, BC. Since arriving in Canada, I have been working in a variety of areas and meeting a lot of amazing people. I started out my Games experience working in Team Processing where athletes receive their Opening and Closing apparel, as wells as Village Wear and gifting items (hats, scarves, gloves, shoes, etc).
I then went to Whistler, BC for a week to work in the Performance Services Center and assist with operational support services. After the Opening Ceremony, I was transferred back to Vancouver and I have been working in USA House for the remainder of the Games.
Of course, the days can be long (10+ working hours) and "days off" don't really exist, but I have been able to do some great work, meet both current and past Olympians (Seth Wescott), as well as celebrities (Cuba Gooding Jr. and Steven Colbert) and truly have a once in a lifetime experience.
I have also been able to see a few events, including Speedskating, Women's Ice Hockey and Women's Bobsled. Being in Vancouver for the Olympics has been exciting and a worthwhile experience. I can only hope that this will not be my last Olympic Games experience!


^Seth Wescott (Snowboard Cross 2010 Gold Medalist)

^Charlie at the Women's Hockey Game USA vs Sweden
(IG-Transportation Intern)

No comments:

Post a Comment