Thursday, December 17, 2009

Goodbye Colorado Springs OTC! :-(

Hey Everyone!

My name is Brenna Davis and I intern in the International Relations Department in Colorado Springs. It’s hard to believe, but this is the final week of my internship and I’ll be headed home to Philadelphia in a few days. As I sit here thinking about the past three and half months interning for the USOC, I still can’t believe that I was lucky enough to have had this opportunity and it has been one of t
he best experiences of my life. It’s a little challenging to summarize how amazing everything has been, but I will do my best!

My internship itself included working on events involving international athletes, coaches and National Olympic Committee members. I coordinated logistics for these events before they took place and assisted with their implementation as well. One of the biggest projects I worked on was a coaching enrichment program for coaches from 27 different countries around the world. It was great to learn about all the different cultures and show them around Colorado. We went to Pike’s Peak, Garden of the Gods and even a Denver Nuggets game. The USOC is such a unique place to work. Everyone is very knowledgeable and passionate about what they do and the hard work and dedication of the athletes is truly inspiring.

This whole experience wouldn’t be nearly as awesome as it was
if it weren’t for all of the other interns. I can honestly say that I have made some really great friends and it is already proving to be difficult to say goodbye to everyone as they have begun trickling home in this last week. It was definitely a bit like reliving freshman year of college at times since we lived in a dorm, but living together really gave us a chance to get to know each other well. We did so many fun things together throughout the semester. Some of my all time favorite highlights would have to be hiking the Incline, the Intern Olympics and learning sports from Olympic athletes, celebrating Halloween, visiting Denver, Thanksgiving at Breckenridge, skiing at Keystone (first time skiing out west!) and going to various sporting events at the Air Force Academy. Colorado Springs has also been a great city to live in and it’s extremely different from what I’m used to. We all enjoyed spending time downtown and admiring the beautiful views of Pike’s Peak.


I can’t imagine this internship being any better than it was and I am so grateful for every minute of it. Thank you to everyone who made this experience so great, I will miss you all! To future interns, I hope you guys have as much fun as I did and enjoy everything the USOC and Colorado have to offer!

Brenna

No comments:

Post a Comment